If you are looking for a quick and healthy go-to lunch then this is it. I literally created this using what ever I had in the cupboard and fridge while Hux was asleep. Being a cat napper I knew I only had 20 minutes so the pressure was on!
The end result? One bloody tasty salad. No prep needed, just a good knife and your trusty ol hands.
You can easily swap the tuna out for any protein which is what I love. Chicken, tofu and chickpeas would go well with this. Who said salads had to be boring!?
Tahini Tuna Salad
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 cooked beetroot diced (I use the pre-cooked in the vacuum sealed packets)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of diced cucumber
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- Hanful of snowpeas (optional)
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 can of tuna in springwater
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of hulled tahini
Add all salad ingredients into a bowl, mix well.
Add in the tahini and ACV and massage in with hands.
Top with extra pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds (optional)