A quick and healthy lunch option for those busy bees who are on the go but still love to nourish their bodies which wholefood goodness.
I literally whipped this up while juggling a 4 month old, house jobs and a grumbling belly. Super easy and delicious.
I would say it is an Asian style dish mainly because I use 2 of my favourite things, Tahini and Tamari. Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds, it is almost like a nutty flavour and goes AMAZING in stir-frys, sauces and dressings.
Tamari is gluten free soy sauce. Always ensure when you are using soy products that they are GMO free and preferably organic. Small choices like this will help you keep your body free from nasty chemicals.
All you need is 10 minutes to whip up this tasty dish. Plus it makes enough for lunch the next day, winning!
Tahini Chickpea Salad
- 1 can if organic chickpeas rinsed
- 1/4 cup of Tahini
- 3 tbsp of tamari
- Juice if half a lemon
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 1/2 cup of diced button mushrooms
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/2 cup of diced cucumber
- 2 big handfuls of rocket and spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds to top
- Heat a non stick pan and add a little coconut oil.
- While this heats, spiralise your zucchini.
- Add capsicum, mushrooms and chickpeas to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Tahini, tamari and lemon juice stirring through all veggies cooking for a further 3 minutes.
- Once veggies have slightly softened add in the zucchini, rocket and spinach cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Once done place the veggie mixture between two bowls and top with fresh tomato, cucumber, extra lemon juice, salt and pepper and sesame seeds.