It’s that time of year again where our good old friend the Easter Bunny pops in to say hello and leaves us with our favourite chocolate treats. Now it’s not that I don’t like chocolate (because we all know I LOVE it!), it’s just sometimes it’s nice to indulge in something else that is just as tasty and brings all those Easter flavours to the table.
My Carrot Cake Bliss balls hit just the spot when in comes to delicious, warming and satisfying holiday treats. Perfect for morning/afternoon tea, to pop on the table at your family BBQ or even as a gift for a loved one.
If you are a fan of carrot cake and Easter spices then you are going to LOVE these. Have them on their own, with a nice warm cuppa or with some creamy coconut yogurt, yummo!
Carrot Cake Bliss balls
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp of mixed spice
- 1/8 cup of vanilla protein or sub for almond meal
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut + 1/4 cup for rolling
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a blender place the dates, vanilla extract and water. Blitz together to make a paste.
2. Now add all other ingredients blending to form a sticky batter, I like to keep it a little chunky.
3. Using a spoon scoop out a heaped tablespoon at a time and roll into balls, you should get about 10.
4. Roll each ball in left over coconut before placing them in an airtight container in the fridge.