Who doesn’t love salted caramel? It’s sweet, salty and oh so delicious. SO why not make a no fuss afternoon treat that is full of wholefoods and will leave your taste buds tingling.
This recipe is great if you are having friends over or even for an afternoon treat for your little ones.
Sweet and chewy Salted Caramel and Tahini Bliss Balls
- I cup of pitted dates
- 1/3 cup of boiling water + 1 tbsp
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tbsp of vanilla protein powder (I use Tropeka)
- 2 tbsp of MCT oil or coconut oil (I use Jimalie)
- 2 tbsp of hulled Tahini (I used Mayvers)
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sesame seeds to roll in (optional)
- In a blender blitz together the almonds and sunflower seeds until it is fine powder. Remove and set aside.
- Now add your dates, vanilla and boiling water to the blender and let the dates soak for a few minutes.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients including the almond mixture, blitz until a dough forms.
- Add the extra tbsp of water if needed.
- Roll into balls and put in an airtight container. You can roll these in sesame seeds for a little crunch. Pop in fridge for up to a week and enjoy with your favourite cuppa.